- By Bin_L @Feb 08, 2013
| The Plextor M3 SATA 6Gb/s SSD series provides read/write speeds up to 525/445 MB/s in sequential mode and up to 70,000/65,000 IOPS in random mode. The M3 features True Speed technology and an extended five year ironclad warranty. |
The M3 features exclusive firmware with True Speed, including Plextor’s proprietary Bad Block Management, Global Wear Leveling, and Instant Restore technologies that optimize performance. True Speed is designed to prevent drastic drops in read/write speeds that normally occur with SSDs after prolonged use or when data becomes heavily fragmented. True Speed technology will maintain the M3’ high performance and read/write speeds at like-new levels throughout the life of the drive.
Plextor strives to exceed industry standards with rigorous benchmark testing; before leaving the factory, each Plextor SSD is put through a 20-hour high temperature burn-in test and an intense simulation of real world environments. As a result, Plextor SSDs have a 0.59% average annual failure rate, which is one of the lowest in the industry.
M3 SSDs uses the latest SATA 6Gb/s (SATA III) interface, Marvell’s server-grade controller, and Toshiba 24nm Toggle NAND flash. Also supported by the flash is a 1.8V power mode, providing the M3 with extremely low-power consumption making it a very eco-friendly product.
The M3 offers a perfect solution for businesses, power users, serious gamers, system integrators, and anyone who demands a drive with high efficiency and fast performance. The M3 is available in 64GB, 128GB, 256GB, and 512GB capacities.
| Exclusive True Speed Technology |
- True Speed - an exclusive technology providing consistent high performance in real-life computing environments for the lifetime of the product.
- True Speed distinguishes Plextor SSDs from other SSD products because of sustained read/write speeds throughout the lifetime of the product.
High Quality Components for Maximum Performance
- Server-grade Marvell 88SS9174 controller chip for read/write speeds of up to 525MB/s and 445MB/s in sequential mode, and 70,000 and 65,000 IOPS for random read/write operations at 4K file size
- The M3 supports SATA 6Gb/s and is backward compatible with SATA 3Gb/s and SATA 1.5Gb/s.
- The latest 24nm synchronous MLC NAND flash modules with Toggle mode support from Toshiba further enhance product reliability
- The DDR3 DRAM cache transfers data faster and helps extend lifetime of the product
| Consistent Speed Levels Even After Intensive Usage |
- Smart firmware combines three advanced technologies: Bad Block Management and Global Wear Leveling, and Instant Restore to keep performance at sustained level. Bad Block Management and Global Wear Leveling optimize the way data is written on the drive, while the unique Instant Restore technique works overcome to the problem of declining speed after a period of usage
- The M3 supports advanced functions, such as S.M.A.R.T. failure prediction, the TRIM command, NCQ optimization, and superior Garbage Collection, further increasing performance and reliability
Five-year Ironclad Warranty
- Five-year ironclad warranty provides reassurance of Plextor’s high quality standards.
Software & Accessory
- Includes Disk Cloning & Backup Utility Software.
- Includes 3.5” mounting bracket with screws.
- by Bin_L @Feb 08, 2013
| Performances |
| Model || PX-64M3 || PX-128M3S || PX-256M3S || PX-512M3S |
| Capacity || 64 GB || 128 GB || 256 GB || 512 GB |
| Sequential Read (MB/S) || 520 || 510 || 510 || 525 |
| Sequential Write (MB/S) || 175 || 210 || 360 || 445 |
| Random Read (IOPS 4K) || 55,000 || 70,000 || 70,000 || 56,000 |
| Random Write (IOPS 4K) || 40,000 || 50,000 || 65,000 || 30,000 |
| Buffer (DDR3 Cache) || 128MB || 256MB || 512MB || 512MB |
| General Specification |
| Power Consumption (Typical) || 0.1W (Idle); 5W (Active) |
| Temperature (Operating) || 32 ºF to 158 ºF (0 ºC to 70 ºC) |
| Temperature (Non-operating) || -40ºF to 185 ºF (-40 ºC to 85 ºC) |
| Shock || 1,500G/0.5 ms |
| Vibration (Operating) || 7~800Hz, 2.17G (RMS) |
| MTBF || 1.5 million hour |
| Warranty || 5 year |
| Compatibility |
| Operating System || Microsoft Windows® Family |
| Linux |
| Mac OS |
| Agency Approval || UL, CE, BSMI, WHQL, RoHS |
| Command Set || Supports TRIM, SMART, NCQ, ATA/ATAPI-8 |
| Data Encryption || Supported |
| SATA Interface || SATA Revision 3.0 compliant, supports SATA 6/3/1.5 Gb/s |
| Firmware Upgrade || Supported |
| Form Factor and Connectors |
| Form Factor || 2.5-inch |
| Power Connector || 15-pin SATA connector for DC 5V input |
| Data Connector || 7-pin SATA connector |
| Dimensions and Weight |
| Dimensions (W x H x D) || 2.75 x 0.3 x 4.0 inch |
| Weight || 1.94 ~ 3.53 oz |
| System Requirements (For Bundled Software) |
| CPU || Pentium 4 1.3GHz and higher |
| Memory (RAM) || 512 MB RAM or higher |
| Interface || SATA (Serial ATA) |
| Operating System || Microsoft Windows® 7 |
| Microsoft Windows® Vista SP1 |
| Microsoft Windows® XP SP3 / XP-Pro (x64) SP2 |
| Other || CD-RW/DVD-RW drive for bootable media creation |
| Internet connection recommended for updates |
| Package Contents |
| Drive || 2.5" Solid State Drive |
| Software || Disk Cloning and Backup Utility Software |
| Accessory || 3.5" Mounting bracket with mounting screws |
| Literature || Quick installation guide |
| Users manual and warranty information |